Our pre-school is aimed for bilingualism (the ability to speak fluently in two languages), bi literacy (the ability to read and write in two languages), academic achievement equal to that of students in non-Spanish immersion programs, and cross-cultural competence.
Spanish Immersion Pre-school is a form of education in which students are taught literacy and content in Spanish. Our day is all in Spanish.
Students achieve bilingualism and bi literacy in Spanish and English.
• Students learn languages easily at an early age.
• Immersing and instructing students in the second language provides an effective setting for students to learn to speak, read, and write fluently in both languages.
Bilingual students generally demonstrate greater academic gains over time.
• Research shows that students in dual language programs develop strong academic skills in addition to becoming proficient in both languages.
Students develop cultural sensitivity and strong self-esteem.
• By working cooperatively in linguistic pairs, students develop mutual respect and compassion or understanding.
• Students develop greater self-confidence and cultural sensitivity in this setting.
The teachers are highly trained and professional
• Our staff is carefully selected and trained in effective instructional strategies for second language learners. Teachers are native speakers of the language they teach, and their cultures form the basis of every aspect of the school day.
If you are looking for that perfect place in Boise, where you will feel confident that your children are receiving the best quality care... You are in the right place. But you will find that we offer so much more than other centers, we offer a great learning environment, caring and qualified teachers, a full Spanish program, and a fun activity-based curriculum, all in a small place.
Take a tour and discover the fun your child will have
learning Spanish language.
(Remember, you may take a tour anytime, just call or email us to make an appointment.)
Boise, ID’s Extreme Aventura adapts our Spanish curriculum to all age groups. Children are taught using themes: Our fall school starts on September 4th 2018.
Our writing, language, and math will be structured to fit in with the theme. We focus on the alphabet in the fall and syllables and reading in the spring.
"People all around us" "Gente alrededor" September, October & November
During this theme we teach letters with peoples' professions. We will be inviting parents and people from our community to teach children about their profession. Teaching to write numbers, how to use money, shapes in our surrondings.
"Holidays around the world" "Fiestas en el mundo" December, January & February
During the theme we will have parents share the holidays that are celebrated, and traditions passed on from their parents. In language we will finish up with the letters expressing them with holidays around the world. In math we will teach different currency in the different countries that we talked about. This will focus on counting and trading.
"Pets in our lives" "Mascotas en nuestras vidas" March, April & May
This theme will be learning about different animals and how people have them as pets. We will invite our pets that our students have and learn how they are pets and what makes them our pets. During this theme we will use animals sounds and teach vowels, syllables, and incorporate writing. In math we will involve basic math skills that will include adding and subtracting.